Gotta Watch: Quodoushka Testimonials
- Hunting Marianne ~ an ode to finding Shakti anywhere October 14, 2014
- Global Shakti Gratitude October 13, 2014
- Amara’s favorite way to Heat the Home, Heart, and Hearth October 8, 2014
- EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE: from a gorgeous Alpha Gentleman September 21, 2014
- FAQ: Quodoushka Spiritual Sexuality Workshop – Amara Charles September 18, 2014
Tag Archives: Comittment Ceremonies
Is it DOMA or ROMA? Instead of Defending Marriage, here’s our version: a Recreation of Marriage Act.
With bells of the temples still ringing in my bones, and various cultural oddities from China and Nepal swimming through my mind, I came back to the US to hear the president announce his full support for gay marriage. Then I facilitated an unusual nuptial, a kind of alternative ‘wedding,’ which, when I told a friend he said, “I’ve never heard of such a thing.”
Let me explain. I was asked by a couple to help create a special ceremony that was both erotically intriguing in a private way, and that also had many of the traditional trimmings of wedlock (without the lock.) They wished to declare their intention to be together for the rest of their lives, have a reception, great food and a band. But that’s about as much a resemblance to a typical marriage as there was, for there were no rings, no bridesmaids, no priest, and curiously, no vows.
We never did come to a final say on what to actually call it. And this couple mused at length with what to put on the invitations, especially for family and their more conservative friends flying in from around the world.
For help, I decided to give Wiki a click to check the official definition of marriage. More …